• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 at the egg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

icebob

Board is avail at the egg linky 699$!!!!! no thanks!!! Are they out of their mind or what? I think they need to send somebody in the marketing department to pee in the cup!!!

a nothing special board for a super special price

It's just Gigabyte's new "flagship" (they keep replacing their top end models with better ones), basically that price cause of the 4 pcie x16 slots for quad SLI/xfire.

wow thats mad,
who would use that many pci-e ports :s
why are there two molex ports on the motherboard? extra power to gpu's?
would be a nighmare for cable managemeng

if its anything like gigabytes other x58 motherboards it will be $700 worth of boot loops, post failures, and cpu socket squealing thats all the customer's fault.

There just wanting to get into the extreme game like the $1000 intel i7 CPU, and it overclock just as good as there i7 $279 CPU.

Funny thing there is plenty of people out that think you get what you pay for and I say sure whether it's better or not they have your money not mine because a $200 Gigabyte hits 4.3 Ghz just as well, LOL.

You guys need to put this all in perspective. In 1985 most PCs started at $2,000 to $3,000 for a computer that had a 14" CRT monochrome monitor, an 8088 cpu with a 10 Mbyte hard drive and a 5 1/4" floppy running DOS and no installed software.

You guys need to put this all in perspective. In 1985 most PCs started at $2,000 to $3,000 for a computer that had a 14" CRT monochrome monitor, an 8088 cpu with a 10 Mbyte hard drive and a 5 1/4" floppy running DOS and no installed software.

thats true. but only because a pc was a rare thing. now they are as common as telephones. infact they are combined with telephones in some cases.

30 years ago things were different, no doubt.

i wonder what horse was worth in 1900 compared to 1930.

This board is on pre-order at overclockers.co.uk for £450 gbp, think i'll wait and see what price tag its little brother is gonna carry, this is their prime board though as it carries the N200 chip.

Did you guys also know the board is a strange size, 345.0mm x 263.5mm, normal ATX are 305mm x 244mm, 4cm longer by 2cm wider, so your definatly gonna need a full tower case for this baby, make sure your case can support it before any of you buy it, otherwise it will end up costing you a new case too.

Approved Chassis List http://www.gigabyte.eu/FileList/ChassisSupport/ga-x58a-ud9_caselist.pdf

Last edited:
Back