• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB HDD's in RAID 0 on the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 SATA III

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

muralikeshave

Trying to run two of the Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB HDD's in RAID 0 on the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 SATA III ports.
I am able to create the the virtual disk via the bios. However during the windows 7 x64 installation i can create a 200GB partition for the OS, but when i do the unallocated space splits in two (one 1.8tb and other 1.6tb) i can create a partition on one of those unallocated spaces, but not on the other; i get an error code.

i want to run windows 7 on it.....

Trying to run two of the Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB HDD's in RAID 0 on the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 SATA III ports.
I am able to create the the virtual disk via the bios. However during the windows 7 x64 installation i can create a 200GB partition for the OS, but when i do the unallocated space splits in two (one 1.8tb and other 1.6tb) i can create a partition on one of those unallocated spaces, but not on the other; i get an error code.

i want to run windows 7 on it.....

It sounds like Windows is just seing the separate drives. You might need to load RAID drivers separately for it to recognize the array.

Back