• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mother Board Guidance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cobra342_

Helpful Member
At the end of the week I'm going to buy a new Mother Board (probably look for something during a memorial day sale). I've become enamored by the Gigabyte UD7, but I don't want to dedicate that much of my paycheck to a motherboard. So I was hopping that someone would be able to convince me that the UD3 is what I want, because if I were going to buy a Board today it would be the UD7. But if the UD7 is way supperior to the UD3 I will probably go with it. I have a tendency to overspend when building computers.

wait you looking at a intel GB based board, is it P55 or X58 based? bit confused here all i got is UD7 to go on and GB has a amd based UD7 as well.

thing is right now (might have changed not to sure but dont think so) the UD3 is ocing better then the UD7. a bios update should fix that but there is no telling how long it would take. what is it about the UD7 you like so much besides the price? price doesnt always = better...

At first I was dead set on water cooling this build, and that is when I got set on the UD7 because it has the chipset water cooling. And i know that a higher price = better, but I do have a hard time convincing mysel fof that

I have the ud3 and have had it to 21x235 all on air. these boards just seem to clock like crazy

well if your going water cooling you may not want the included wb on the board. i havent seen numbers on how it cools but GB is shall i say. just getting their feet wet in wc blocks such as the NB included. it is a nice option to have so you can wc if needed but if the board doesnt clock as high as a cheaper one, then why? if one clocks better then the other, take the better clocking board then buy wcing gear. dont get the board just cause it has wcing gear already, that just seems backwards in way to me.

good advice evil. sadly you can never know how a board will clock without trying it out. but seems to me the ud3 boards do seems to generally clock well.

Back