• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-G41M-ES2L FSB limitation?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Craxbax

Recently got this board for an office rebuild using a Pentium E6300. As I can't help but OC I ran up against what appears to be a FSB on this mobo. A brief search revealed that others seem to have run up against a FSB wall @340ish. I am using the F6 bios and with a 10.5x multi it happily running 20 hrs prime stable at 3.5ghz. I considered this board for my daughters budget rebuild and would like to use a lower end C2Q. Has anyone been able to to get 400+ FSB using this board perhaps with a different bios?

could be the forced latch at fsb dection with the motherboard. you can change the fsb latch can you? i would say pad mod but GB boards ignore pad mods.

Thanks for the suggestion but the GA-G41m-ES2L doesn't seem to have a bios option to change the (G)MCH/FSB latch or even change the frequency of the MCH. There are only three choice for RAM divider also.

I haven't found any site that found a stable FSB higher than 340-345. Someone opined that GA dropped the 1600 FSB sticker from the box because of the chipset limitation. Verdict: inexpensive board with modest OC potential for high multi CPUs due to chipset limitation of 340ish. Also, if you install almost any GPU in the PCI-e slot you barely have 1 PCI slot available.

Like Evil suggested, the MCH latch is forced depending on the default bus speed. So using a 266MHz FSB E6300 for example, the System Memory Multiplier options would be 2.50, 3.00, and 4.00.

Memory multipliers...
C - 200MHz FSB: Auto/2.66/3.33/4.00
A - 266MHz FSB: Auto/2.50/3.00/4.00
B - 333MHz FSB: Auto/2.00/2.40/3.20/4.00

Ok, got that part but with no way to change the forced FSB latch or up the MCH voltage the board continues to have the FSB limitation or am I missing something?

Back