• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P6X58D keeps loosing drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BF_TEXMASTER

I'd had this sucker for about a month and periodically the board will loose sight of the SSD I put my OS on using the Marvel chipset. Its incredibly annoying. No real pattern either. Sometimes on shut down, sometimes overclocking but nothing to show a pattern. The marvel will simply not see it just one time and then ask for a boot device. You can reboot and sometimes it will see it again but the OS has lost the connection. I dont loose any data but the OS is fried and no chance for repair since the computer can't even see it anymore despite the fact the data is still there.

Tonight it did it again and this time, windows 7 refused to install on any of the partions I have. I loaded the defaults in bois twice before it allowed me to install at least the main drive in the install screen.

I'm out of ideas. I've never seen this kind of issue before.

specs in sig

I'd had this sucker for about a month and periodically the board will loose sight of the SSD I put my OS on using the Marvel chipset. Its incredibly annoying. No real pattern either. Sometimes on shut down, sometimes overclocking but nothing to show a pattern. The marvel will simply not see it just one time and then ask for a boot device. You can reboot and sometimes it will see it again but the OS has lost the connection. I dont loose any data but the OS is fried and no chance for repair since the computer can't even see it anymore despite the fact the data is still there.

Tonight it did it again and this time, windows 7 refused to install on any of the partions I have. I loaded the defaults in bois twice before it allowed me to install at least the main drive in the install screen.

I'm out of ideas. I've never seen this kind of issue before.

specs in sig

Have you tried switching the cable and/or SATA port on the mobo?

Well if you have another mobo, test the drives on that. Otherwise you could probably RMA your mobo

Back