• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAMPAGE EXTREME INSTALL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JS1

Registered
well i finally got all my parts for my install,well im still waiting on my E8600 cpu but my 8500 will do for now,im hoping that i dont have to do a clean install,im just gonna change chipset drivers and then swap out motherboards.hopefully it should work just fine. i couldnt order my new case yet coolermaster haf 932. but i just cant wait to get this rampage running. well with any luck i,ll be rite back with new board and memory. JS1

I HIGHLY reccomend that you reinstall your OS if you're changing both your CPU and your motherboard. I can almost guarantee that you will run into some sort of problems if you choose not to reinstall the OS.

I tried to not reinstall with 775 once and it worked decently, but I quickly ran into problems like random BSODs and instability with little to no explination except that I hadn't reinstalled the OS (i.e. leftover driver bits, ect.)

it should work see what happens

IM BACK had to modify n/b cooling fan i got so it would bolt up,also had to turn my thermalright from front to rear to bottom to top with fan on top pulling .had no idea how to setup the bios load defaults would not work.there are so many settings in this bios that im not famillar with. but i got it .ram is only @ 1800 rite now and cpu @ 4.1. but ill get it rite soon. ill be back. JS1.

I guess i have some reading to do about what all these settings do, wow what a great board got the ram @ 2000 and cpu @ 4.1 so far 1.30volts on the cpu occt stable one hour run .temps are really good for a new install not to mention its 95 degrees in here. all in all i think im gonna love this board. JS1.

I guess i have some reading to do about what all these settings do, wow what a great board got the ram @ 2000 and cpu @ 4.1 so far 1.30volts on the cpu occt stable one hour run .temps are really good for a new install not to mention its 95 degrees in here. all in all i think im gonna love this board. JS1.

It figures now my e8600 came in gotta try it out see witch one is better 6-10 multi with 8600 6-9.5 with the e8500 if i can get stable @ 4.5 with eather chip ill be real happy. JS1

It figures now my e8600 came in gotta try it out see witch one is better 6-10 multi with 8600 6-9.5 with the e8500 if i can get stable @ 4.5 with eather chip ill be real happy. JS1

Well the e8600 runsalot cooler idle @27c and thats just installed it will burn in the artic silver and get even cooler. the 8500 idled @ 35C. the vid on the 8500 was 1.22 the vid on this is 1.25 they say the lower the vid the better the overclock potentional but who knows if thats true. well gonna go overclock this chip and see how it does. JS1

8600 IS ALOT BETTER the 8500 was a co got a eo now good to go JS1

@ 4.5 1.375 VCORE dont think its stable yet but it will be (good chip) JS1

9X500 or 10 x450 gonna give 10x500 a try for 5 on air dont know if ill make it i think the max vcore for the 45nm is 1.4 or 1.45. JS1

9X500 or 10 x450 gonna give 10x500 a try for 5 on air dont know if ill make it i think the max vcore for the 45nm is 1.4 or 1.45. JS1

10X500 1.45VCORE almost got me into windows but it freezed up on me. so no go when i get all the bios settings rite maby maby if i gave the cpu 1.5 . maby after some water cooling. JS1

Back