• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte X58a-Ud3r or Asus P6x58D-E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cobra342_

Helpful Member
I was pretty set on getting the Gigabyte, but at the egg there is a $20 coupon on ASUS board so I thought I would ask: What board do you think I should Get?

I was pretty set on getting the Gigabyte, but at the egg there is a $20 coupon on ASUS board so I thought I would ask: What board do you think I should Get?

read the reviews. gigabyte should be avoided. most of the good reviews on newegg for gigabyte x58-ud3r read like they were written by someone from gigabyte marketing. the bad reviews all describe boot loop, post failure and cpu socket squealing. also computer generated responses from their customer service shed some light on what theyre all about.

"Manufacturer Response:Thank you for your comments. Honest and constructive opinions are always welcome. We apologize for your difficulty with your Gigabyte product. Please contact us at [email protected] with the case number 2010052601 in the subject line. We will provide personalized service and analysis to help solve your issue as soon as possible.

If the matter is urgent, please send us your contact number, and we will contact you ASAP.

Gigabyte VIP Support Team"

when my gigabyte motherboard failed i guess calling it defective was just my opinion. and since it wasnt constructive it wasnt welcome so they sent my board right back to me and gave me their opinion that there was nothing wrong with it. also all hardware is incompatible with gigabyte x58 motherboards because they are so high performance.

just some things to consider.

what i want to know about newegg is how they can advertise the ga-x58a-ud3r as award winning when nearly fifty percent of the reviews give it one egg and most negative reviews express the same issues.

your right though. good reviews cannot be trusted for any product. it would be a rare occurence for someone to volunteer feed back if they had only good things to say. on the other hand if i had a bad experience you couldnt pay me to shut up about it.

dont buy gigabyte. any other brand will do.

New egg can be trusted because people from here buy there products and give bad reviews. I would wait till Gigabyte have there problems fixed, then buy.:cool:

Back