• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ECS p55h-a lan running at 100 mbps instead of 1000 mbps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ForestLomn

Thanks in advance for any help you provide me. This is my first forum post, so forgive me if i do anything wrong.

I have a p55h-a motherboard and it is supposed to be running 1000 mbps lan... but it is running 100 mbps. I have checked this a couple of different ways. I have a program called System Information for Windows, and that says that it is running 100 mbps. I also checked the adapter, and it is running at 100 mbps. We are using a Netgear wnr3500, which supports 1000 mbps transfers. I have updated my drivers for the motherboard and also the network drivers.

What else can i try and do?

Could it be that nothing else on your network runs at 1000mbps so yours is clocking down to the next fastest usable speed?

No. I have another computer on the same network, using the same router, and the same ethernet, that runs gigabit lan. It is running at 1000 mbps. But mine, for some reason, still wont.

Check your ethernet cable... good quality CAT5 can usually handle gigabit for short runs, but if you're using a cheap or damaged cable, it may be erroring out and falling back to 100mbit.

I have checked it. I use it on my computer, and i get 100 mbps. I use it on my friend's computer, same router, everything else the same, and he gets 1000 mbps. Its not the ethernet.

I might have to check... There is still the option in adapter settings to change it to 1000 mbps. But that doesnt work. And there is a setting in bios for gigabit lan. Which also is enabled. So the motherboard for sure supports gigabit lan. Could the card still be bad?

Back