• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which to upgrade? or just wait next year...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ainuddin

hi guys. right now, im pairing the gigabyte p55a-ud3p motherboard with my i7 860. done some light overclocking of about 3.3ghz with turbo on but im back to stock since i dont do any gaming anymore other than just the standard internet surfing and hd movie watching/encoding.

im feeling like changing to another motherboard to look for new experience and feel and im split between the maximus iii formula and the p55 ftw. the ftw here in malaysia would cost me about 50usd more than the miiif but because of its design and brand name, im leaning towards it right now. i gather from forums and reviews that the miiif overclocks easier while the ftw is quite a sensitive and tricky motherboard.

can anyone owning or had owned either or both of these motherboards share your experiences in terms of easiness of usage, durability and stability in overclocking? which one do you guys prefer? both of them lack usb/sata 3.0 for future upgrades, not to mention that rumours are the newer intel processors and sockets are coming out early next year, if not by this years end. so is it even worth for me to change my motherboard at all rather than wait for intels new processor and socket?

:welcome: to OC Forums. I don't own either board, but I would suggest wating unless you really want to spend the money. You have a really nice chip, and a pretty good board. Paired with a good cooler you can overclock that chip.

Back