• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick question about parts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DRaZZ

Dont wana make myself look like a total tool here but cant seem to find any references on the web so here it is :)

Can i buy parts from America, then use them to build a pc to operate here in the UK? Im guessing that i could buy everything except for the PSU as thats where the different electrical supplies would go. After the PSU i assume its all just stepped down to 12v etc. So basically i wana know if i can buy everything except the psu from america, then put a UK bought psu into the rig and fire it up without problems?

Cheers guys

You could likely get it all from USA, considering a lot of the PSU's available here are the same over there. It just needs that amp switch on the back to go to the 220 I tihnk you all use.

Yeah i have seen the voltage switch on the back of tons of psu's i assumed thats what it was for, we use 240V in UK which i guess the 220 it states is close enough!
Well aslong as there is no problem then i think im guna have to take advantage of the 50% cheaper parts the usa offer, as the prices of some pc parts here now is rediculous, i'v watched prices increase on the very same item by 15-25% in the space of 6 weeks. Im not sure what is happening but i doubt its due to demand other than in the case of the high end radeon cards which have obviously been very much sought after!
Cheers for speedy reply

Back