• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell WS 690 case w/ RIIE MB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wazco

Registered
I'll try here since I got no response in the Case Thread

The rear plate of the RIIE didn't align w/ the plate w/ Dell case. What should I do? call dell and see if they have plate that's compitable w/ RIIE? Return the RIIE and get one that fits? Get a new case? or get the dremell out and make the RIIE fit w/ dell? Please advice.

thanks!

Maybe get standoff's? Or put 2 standoff's together? Im assuming that the board sits too deep into the case and needs to be brough out 1/4-1/2"?

Maybe get standoff's? Or put 2 standoff's together? Im assuming that the board sits too deep into the case and needs to be brough out 1/4-1/2"?

I guess i didn't explain myself well. The MB depth is fine. The plate for all the jacks don't align. USB, keyboards, speaker, etc.., are not aligned. RIIE came with plate but it's not shape like the Dells plate. Meaning that I can't just put RIIE plate and slide into the dells case. It does appears that i could custom it and cut out Dells plate and replace it w/ RIIE plate. Is this clear? if it is, Has anyone done that?

Ohhh gotcha.. Yeah, you are pretty much going to need to custom cut it or run without an IO plate (not the end of the world). Im 99% sure they wont make a plate specifically to fit Dell cases for your motherboard (or most boards for that matter, pretty much OEM equipment, just another way OEM stops you from upgrading).

That's what I needed to know. Will get the dremel out and start carving it. Thanks!!!

Back