• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-X58A-UD3R goesnt even get to POST

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoobCooler

Hey

Just assembled my new PC.

Core i7 930
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 1 i think)
Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600MHz 12GB

Now, the problem is that it doesnt even get to POST. It starts, turns off, starts turns off etc etc. So I dont get any POST msgs.

Any help would be very nice.

Thanks

that sounds like a bad mobo to me. I had the same problem with an old motherboard (resulting in a replacement of the mobo that u bought, which is awesome btw) do u get any beeps?

Ok, have removed it all, so theres only the CPU left. Still the same problem...

its either the mobo or cpu. do you get any beeps?? I dont on my ud3r because there is an led code. check that and report back. based on what u have told me I believe it is a dead mobo in which case u will have to rma it

remove all your ram except 1 stick, enter the bios and set your ram timings manually and also make sure you set the RAM voltage to the correct voltage, most prolly 1.65v, when running 6 sticks (12gb) of RAM you will prolly have to set the command rate to 2t, you can then shut down and insert the rest of the RAM.

If it still doesnt work you may need some extra NB and QPI/VTT voltage, 12gb of RAM is a big strain on your system.

Good luck

remove all your ram except 1 stick, enter the bios and set your ram timings manually and also make sure you set the RAM voltage to the correct voltage, most prolly 1.65v, when running 6 sticks (12gb) of RAM you will prolly have to set the command rate to 2t, you can then shut down and insert the rest of the RAM.

If it still doesnt work you may need some extra NB and QPI/VTT voltage, 12gb of RAM is a big strain on your system.

Good luck

Hey Seanie

I tried that. After a lot of hours trying everything but bios flash and a new PSU, I drove 50KM to a friend of mine. I popped his i7 920 in at it worked. Then I flashed the bios and popped my 930 in and it worked.

Now, the funny thing is that I couldnt turn it off and figured that I didnt fit the power switch right, so I just turned it off on the PSU. When I got home, it didnt work again... FFS! lol... The mobo has DUAL BIOS and reverted to the old one, that doesnt support my CPU.

Does anyone know how to flash the backup bios?

Hey Seanie

I tried that. After a lot of hours trying everything but bios flash and a new PSU, I drove 50KM to a friend of mine. I popped his i7 920 in at it worked. Then I flashed the bios and popped my 930 in and it worked.

Now, the funny thing is that I couldnt turn it off and figured that I didnt fit the power switch right, so I just turned it off on the PSU. When I got home, it didnt work again... FFS! lol... The mobo has DUAL BIOS and reverted to the old one, that doesnt support my CPU.

Does anyone know how to flash the backup bios?

the gigabyte x58 rev 1 boards have a design defect. if u can return to the supplier and buy a different brand because gigabyte is refusing to honor the three year warranty.

mine failed after 5 weeks of normal use so i couldnt rma it to neweegg. i rmaed it to gigabyte and they sent it right back and said there wasnt anything wrong with it. most others with this mobo are having similar problems. gigabyte will claim that all other hardware is the cause of post failures, boot loops, and squealing chokes on their motherboards.

the gigabyte x58 rev 1 boards have a design defect. if u can return to the supplier and buy a different brand because gigabyte is refusing to honor the three year warranty.

mine failed after 5 weeks of normal use so i couldnt rma it to neweegg. i rmaed it to gigabyte and they sent it right back and said there wasnt anything wrong with it. most others with this mobo are having similar problems. gigabyte will claim that all other hardware is the cause of post failures, boot loops, and squealing chokes on their motherboards.

thats not true at all dude. gigabyte has some of the best tech support on the market. I use the ud3r and it has never had any problems. I have NEVER heard of ANYONE have problems with this board until now. Its the best board for the price. Just simply rma the board with newegg if u got it from there. otherwise rma it with gigabyte. they will definitely take it back and give u a new one.

You could always try this:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=641761

Scroll to the bottom of the page, the latest one is down their, but I thought this board supported the 930 out of the box.

Hey, not sure what I should look after at the link, since the problem was that I couldn't get to POST and therefore not flash with an i7 930 in it. But thanks anyway.

My board had the F1 BIOS (Still has it in dual bios....). I got it working by using a friends 920 and then flashed it.

Does anyone know how to flash the backup/dualbios? Id rather not have it ever again roll back to F1.

Asus boards have an option to NOT revert to the spare bios if there is a crash, you can select this by a jumper setting Gigabyte should be similar

In your bios should be an option to copy bios 1 to bios 2 ect, look around and read your manual :D I'm not familar with GB bios

i just got this mobo... and it wont even post either.. with i7 930.. i just bought it.. i got rev 1.0

i am getting continuous beeps.. which indicates a power problem .. but i swapped to a psu that works and still the same error..

swapped video cards with one that works.. still no post..

Last edited:
i just got this mobo... and it wont even post either.. with i7 930.. i just bought it.. how can you tell what version you got?

i am getting continuous beeps.. which indicates a power problem .. but i swapped to a psu that works and still the same error..

get a refund if you can, gigabyte does not honor their warranty.

i just got this mobo... and it wont even post either.. with i7 930.. i just bought it.. i got rev 1.0

RMA back to the suppler, I see many problems like this on Gigabyte boards.:(

Asus boards have an option to NOT revert to the spare bios if there is a crash, you can select this by a jumper setting Gigabyte should be similar

In your bios should be an option to copy bios 1 to bios 2 ect, look around and read your manual :D I'm not familar with GB bios

GIGABYTE
QUOTE:For the sake of system safety, users cannot update the backup BIOS manually

get a refund if you can, gigabyte does not honor their warranty.

im dumb user error.. was in a hurry setting it up.. wrong memory configuration i guess we will see how things go.. from here on out installing w764bitOS ultimate atm .:bang head

Argh, damn mobo.

Its 50% 50% if it finds my 12GB RAM or only 8GB when booting. Im going to RMA this board.

Argh, damn mobo.

Its 50% 50% if it finds my 12GB RAM or only 8GB when booting. Im going to RMA this board.

dont bother doing an rma with gigabyte. they will just send it back to you and tell you there is nothing wrong with it. i know from personal experience.

Back