• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compressed air can cooling (-8c)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mario1

Grammer, its my favoriate thing
Yeah I know that this topic is useless and condensation will kill your pc shortly after you do it, but here's the video of some random dude spraying compressed air onto the CPU heatsink and cooling it to -8c :

Maybe if you insulate the heatsink from the board with some "Art Eraser" you won't do any harm to the pc, right?
If a moderator thinks that this topic should be in off-topic section than feel free moving it :) .

Won't really work with any real load, and for continuation of the process you'd end up building a phase change machine.

Won't really work with any real load, and for continuation of the process you'd end up building a phase change machine.

You're right I didn't think of it that way till now it's basically a 10$ single-use phase change machine.
Thanks for the response, greetings :) !

Well if it cools down a 90nm single-core cpu to -8c i'm sure it will do -3 - -4 c on a 45nm c2d
As soon as I finish my new setup (end of summer) i'll try it on my old Celeron 330 and see what temps I would get (let's hope i get it running @ 4ghz because at the moment it can't run stable even at 3,5ghz max 3,4 stable :( i think i should tweak the ram but don't know what timmings to set...)

sodium acetate + water + touch from finger = hot ice

Actually only sodium acetate or baking soda + vinegar + a stove
If you have sodium acetate allready (crystal/powder) you can melt it by putting it in a container in boiling water so it would turn into liquid.
Than put a lid over the container containing the melted sodium acetate untill it cools down @ ambient temperature.
Voilah a multiple-use hot ice (heats up to 40-41c) :)

Back