• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD7 vs. GA-X58A-UD3R , worth extra $130?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Napoleon

Hi everyone,

I'm putting together a new core i7 gaming comp based off of the 930 series processor.

I've been looking at motherboards looking for a motherboard that can reach 4 ghz at a decent voltage and be stable as a regular game PC.

I will be watercooling the CPU from day 1.

Is it woth the extra cash for the higher end Gigabyte mobo or am I being foolish in spending my money?

Thanks for any/all input!

Depends which UD7 your talking about, if its the new one in the second picture then yes, thats the baby im waiting for, if its the one in the first picture then definatly not, your paying 130 for the water block, extended heatpipe and a couple of extra features that you will prolly never use, ive had no problems with the UD3r what so ever and its been the best clocking x58 board ive owned to date.

You can buy an EK full cover water block to fit any Gigabyte x58a motherboard for an extra 90 in the UK saving you 40.

Attachments

• X58A-UD7.jpg
    X58A-UD7.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 1,657
  • 20100413094455_IMG_0364%20copy.jpg
    20100413094455_IMG_0364%20copy.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 1,736
alright so the UD3R is solid; I think I'll rolll with that one. I may waterblock up my board once I get everything put together; do you find it makes a big difference for overclocking?

I tend to be voltage wary because I want it all to last for at least 3 years. Thanks for the post

I was reading one of your other threads; it seems like there are tons of bios settings; I need to familiarize myself with all the new tweaks; When I used to OC it was just mult, FSB and vcore haha

Back