• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit ip35 pro 9.9. help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d12anoeL

Hi Everyone,

A while back I was looking for a mobo for my new setup and I got the abit ip35 pro based on recommendations here (must have been 2 years ago)

Recently I moved so i took apart my setup and now have just rebuilt it with same parts and everything. But I have encountered this problem where the system starts up and then automatically shuts down. I tried to power up again and I get to windows and everything is loaded, about 1 min while im just moving my mouse to open chrome it shuts off again. So i decide to open my case and see whats going on. I see that everything seems fine and when it shuts off it shows the 9.9. error. I have researched and most people say it means either mobo is bad or bios/cmos corrupted. I reset the CMOS and the thing starts up everythings good and boom shuts down. Please let me know if anybody has any insight on what i should or could do to try to fix this error.

Thanks for any help,
D12anoel

Power up the system, and immediately enter the BIOS. Go to the OC Guru page, then hit the right arrow key to enter the ABIT EQ section. Once there highlight Temperature Monitoring, then check both the CPU and PWM temp's. And under Voltage Monitoring, check and record all of the ATX related voltages like ATX +12V, ATX +5V, and ATX +3.3V. And in addition to the 24-pin ATX power connector, also check to make sure the ATX12V1 (EPS12V) 8-pin PSU connector is connected and fully seated.

Last edited:
Hi Redduc900,

It took me some time since it still kept shutting off in BIOS also

CPU(intel core 2 duo E8400) 9 C/48 F & 67 C/152 F (it varies, prob not reading right)
System 33 C / 91 F
PWM Temp 43 C / 109 F

voltage
CPU core= 1.04v
DDR2 = 1.81v
DDR2 VTT= 0.90v
CPU VTT = 1.2v
MCH = 1.25v
ICHIO = 1.5v
ICH = 1.05v
ATX +12v (24 pin)= 12.07v
ATX +12v (8 pin)= 12.07v
ATX +5v = 5.02v
ATX +3.3v = 3.25v
ATX 5 VSB = 5.05v

Thanks for any help you can provide

I think the first thing I would do is reseat the heatsink. Make sure the HSF is perfectly square in relation to the socket, and that the CPU fan is actually working. You can also monitor fan speed in the EQ section of the BIOS, and if enabled make sure the FanEQ Control settings are set correctly. This info. is also a little disconcerting...

CPU(intel core 2 duo E8400) 9 C/48 F & 67 C/152 F
System 33 C / 91 F
One core at 9C, while the other is showing 67C at a system temp. of 33C. What's the ambient air temp. in your computer room? And a Vcore of 1.04V seems extremely low for a E8400, even though the low end of the scale for the VID voltage range is 0.85V.

Hey Redduc900,

CPU(intel core 2 duo E8400) 9 C/48 F = first startup & 67 C/152 F = 2nd startup
System 33 C / 91 F

That 9C/48F and 67C/152F were the core tempts the uguru gave me twice (not saying one core is that and other is this) It was once the comp shut down and i turned it back, i noticed it gave a diff temp reading than the first time.

I will redo the heatsink and such, and the cpu fan does work, ill let you know how it goes. Any other thoughts?

Check the alignment before you disassemble the HSF, and make sure to remove the old thermal paste completely from both the IHS (heat spreader) and the base of the heatsink w/ alcohol before applying new paste.

Agreed here, the temp spike on second boot tells me the same thing - bad interface between CPU and heatsink getting things too hot too quickly. :thup:

Sorry for the late response but waiting for the thermal paste i ordered to come in (no stores around me had any :( )

Hey, I just applied new thermal paste arctic 5 ceramique, the core temp is still high (as i recall it could be a bios problem because this mobo i dont think was compatible with the e8400 when it came out. So my next step is updating the bios, but i cant do it if it keeps shutting down in like 15 seconds. Any other suggestions? Again any help is greatly appreciated.

I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas? If not i am looking to replace something, but I would like to what do the knowledgeable populace think would need to be replaced? I am thinking motherboard but maybe power supply?

What sort of HSF? How sure are you that its installed correctly?

Did you clean off the CPU die and heatsink base COMPLETELY before reapplying new past? Did you have any problems getting it remounted?

Hi I.M.O.G.,

I have the stock heatsink that came with my cpu, and I cleaned everything off using rubbing alcohol. I used Arctic 5 Ceramique, and applied it properly like it stated and some youtube videos showed. The thing is I remembered when I got the cpu and motherboard, at the time the motherboard was noted for having problems with the socket 775 or maybe just the new E8400s, but people said it worked fine and everything. So when I got it I didnt know how to OC but people had guides and what programs to download, and the program that monitors the voltage and temps always had the core temp wrong. But my computer worked fine, so when I found the core temps this time and it said it was high, I didnt think it could have been a major problem, but I still redid the heatsink to be positive. I could upgrade the bios but with the time allowed im sure it wont finish installing and just shutdown and thus maybe bricking the mobo. So I cant think of anything else that is causing this. Again any input and responses are valued greatly.

Thanks

Back