• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Do you think a GA-EP45-UD3L will help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wingman99

I just put together last month a Q9550 and a GA-P35-DS3L,OCZ2F10664GK and have been trying to get it prime 95 stable for a month, at 3.2Ghz prime always crashes running custom prime around 20-24 hours at 70c.

I've tested at stock setting for 36 hours and no problems. It seems to be chipset related. I only find that it crashes prime 95 and does not fail prime, so I don't think it's my CPU, I've tried every voltage setting there is on that board and I get the same crash after 20-24 hours. So do you think purchsing a GA-EP45-UD3L off eBay will help.

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8]
Fine Clock Ratio ____________[0.5]
CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [377]
PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [4.5]
DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]
Performance Enhance = [Standard]
CAS Latency Time________________ 5
Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 5
Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______ 5
Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 18
ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 4
Rank Write to READ Delay________ 4
Write to Precharge Delay_________ 8
Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 72
Read to Precharge Delay__________ 4
Static tRead Value_______________ 6
Static tRead Phase Adjust________ [Auto]
CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control [800mV]
CPU Clock Skew Control [normal]
GMCH Clock Skew Control [Normal]
System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V]
PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V]
FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.3V]
(G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.3V]
CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.36250]
Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled] Enabled if you use Vmware/Virtual PC
Integrated Peripherals
Legacy USB Storage Detect___________________[Disabled] *Note* Must be enabled to flash from USB

My GA-P35-DS3L seems to have problems above 375 FSB so I think a P45 might be a good investment for that chip. GA-P45-DS3_s seem to be able to exceed 470 rather easily.

Well I went for the EP45 UD3L, It oveclocks sweet FSB 471 4.0 GHz with ease, it only has 4 phases also, so there is no problems there, so it was the chipset.

I will push for more, once I run 24 hours stable.:rock:

On the GA-P35-DS3L (rev. 2.0) I was only able to overclock to 400 FSB with +3 volts MCH 3.4 GHz

I love sticking it to the man, i'm not paying that high price for overclocking equipment.

Attachments

• 4.0 GHz2.JPG
    4.0 GHz2.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
Well it looks like it's good to go, I received a good board, it's been running 24/7, also it's prime stable 24 hours. LinX pushes my cooling to the limit, so I can't clock any further.

Attachments

• 4.0 GHz.JPG
    4.0 GHz.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 348
I miss my EP45-UD3P...that mobo was a monster...533 FSB all day long. :eh?:

This is Gigabytes bugged board EP45-UD3L, the cheapest I could find. I'm tickled pink it's able to push a Quad to 4.0GHz stable and it still has almost 3 years on the warranty, I'm running it 24/7.:cool:

I have good luck with Gigabyte boards:) and bad luck with Asus.:rain:

This is Gigabytes bugged board EP45-UD3L, the cheapest I could find. I'm tickled pink it's able to push a Quad to 4.0GHz stable and it still has almost 3 years on the warranty, I'm running it 24/7.:cool:

I have good luck with Gigabyte boards:) and bad luck with Asus.:rain:

All the Giga EP45 boards are rockstars. Those things and a 45nm dual or quad or real good setups. And I agree, I have terrible luck with ASUS.

Back