• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

eVGA Classified E760 PCIe link width stuck @ x8 ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MIAHALLEN

I'm probably missing something stupid. But I'm working on a 5870 CF review, but after putting in the second card, I cannot get the links to stay at x16. Any ideas?

What slot did you put the second card in?

Edit: Just realized I'm a few days late... nevermind Miah :D

No problem Nick....still haven't figured it out. I was running slots 1 & 2.

My only thought is - I took off the mobo heatsink and one of the X58 die corners is chipped about the size of a flea....I wonder if some of the PCIe lanes were phisically damaged. :shrug:

No problem Nick....still haven't figured it out. I was running slots 1 & 2.

I'm pretty sure 1&3 are the 16 link and 2 is limited to 8. You have 5870's in or 5970's? I wouldn't think it would be an issue with anything less than 5970's. I might have a longer CF link here if you want to try it though.

You may be thinking you're on your E759 (in which case 1-3 are all 16 due to the NF200) the E760 is limited to 1 & 3 for 16,

Last edited:
If that were correct Nick (1&3), then I should be at x16 and x8....but I'm at x8 and x8 :confused:

@ Younglin, 3&4 are right next to each other....these cards have dual slot coolers. But on that note, I think I should try 2&3 ;)

Better a late answer than than no answer at all...

From EVGA FAQ 58513:

E760 - X58 SLI Classified

PCIe slot 1: 16x (8x if slot 2 is filled*)
PCIe slot 2: 8x
PCIe slot 3: 16x (8x if slot 4 is filled*)
PCIe slot 4: 8x

so, you must use slots 1+3 to get SLI in dual x16 PCIe. The flexible SLI bridge provided by EVGA is, I think, the right length for that (not 100% sure, I'm not home).

Newbie, no sig yet...

Better a late answer than than no answer at all...

From EVGA FAQ 58513:

E760 - X58 SLI Classified

PCIe slot 1: 16x (8x if slot 2 is filled*)
PCIe slot 2: 8x
PCIe slot 3: 16x (8x if slot 4 is filled*)
PCIe slot 4: 8x

so, you must use slots 1+3 to get SLI in dual x16 PCIe. The flexible SLI bridge provided by EVGA is, I think, the right length for that (not 100% sure, I'm not home).

Newbie, no sig yet...
nice find, our forum at work.

good call on your part too younglin. just nice to have the documetation to make it official.

Nice....thanks a bunch for the find :thup:...now I just need some longer crossfire bridges :rolleyes:

Back