• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

oc asrock p55m pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

silk186

Registered
not sure if this is the right place to post as i didn't see a dedicated section for oc help

this is my first OC and my second build

intel i750 2.66
asrock p55m pro
2x2 g.skill [email protected]
vendette 2 cooler

At first i tried the CPU EZ OC setting in the bios but it wanted to go 3.6 or higher, i dropped the blck to 170 and left the rest of the default settings the board set for OC c-state and speedstep (disabled)

I'm not really familiar with c-state, speedstep and turbo. It seems that some people turn them on and others dissable them but I'm not sure which is better for me.

I can get 3.2 with them on and 3.4 with them off.

My goal is to reach the most efficient OC at stock voltage so i want to know if i should set it to 3.2 w/ or 3.4 w/o. I want to leave my computer on 24/7. I want it fast but i don't want it to consume too much juice when i leave it downloading torrents for a few days when i go on trips.

I've been unable to find any specific guides for overclocking my board, just benchmarks.

Last edited:
C-state and speedstep are power conserving measures. I was able to get 3.6ghz out of the same setup while leaving them on. The c-state however seemed to not work (lowers the voltage) but the speedstep did decrease the cpu frequency. Turbo mode can change to a higher multiplier under load.

If you are going for stock voltage leave all your voltages on auto, all c-state, turbo, and speedstep on, and turn up the bclock and high as you can go while keeping it stable. I run at 170mhz bclock which gives me 3.3ghz on 4 cores or 3.8 if only a single core is loaded.

Back