• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS modification - adjusting minimum values possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

humdinger

I've an Asus Maximus Formula motherboard and the lowest vcore selectable is 1.1v I have my Q9550 overclocked to 3Ghz at this value stable. I think I could probably go even lower but the lowest selectable value is 1.1v in the bios.

I'm wondering if there is some way to edit the bios to allow or choose lower values? 1v or less even?

And before anyone says it my aim is to try to reduce power use as much as possible and with a mild overclock :)

If your goal is to reduce power consumption, make sure EIST/Speedstep and C1E are enabled. Also, you can start by getting a more efficient power supply. Overclocking and under-volting makes for a rather unstable scenario. Instead of editing the BIOS, why don't you increase your OC in steps of say 50MHz. You keep your OC and the low voltage. ;)

Back