• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rampage III

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

THE_SOURCE41

I am just setting up my new asus Rampage III and just have a question. I have the main power in and I have noticed there are two 8 pin power connectors and 1 4pin molex. I am assuming that all i need connected is the main power and 1 8pin. is that correct?

If you OC on air you can use one 8-pin power connector, if you go subzero and say v-core above 1.5 then I'd say use both. The molex is needed if you go SLI or CF(X) with some heavy cards such as GTX400 series or ATI 5800 series cards

... Both of mine have 2 4-Pin... The size of them are 8-pin, but 4 pins are covered with plastic.

Am I an idiot, and is that removable or something?

EDIT:

WELL, it seems you only need Motherboard Power and a 4-Pin to run stable unOC'd, I have been for about two or so weeks o___o;;

Just uhh... I just took off the cap and plugged in 8-pin power, just a moment ago... ...So much shame here

Last edited:
Back