• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI Lanparty DK P45-T2RS elite just died on me.....help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

macarule

[SOLVED] DFI Lanparty DK P45-T2RS elite just died on me.....help?

hey guys

as u can tell im new to this forum, i just have a question,
ok u can see the specs of my computer in my sig, well about 2 hours ago my DFI board just decided to die on me........ i though these boards were reliable! that why i bought one! anyway this is what happened, i put my computer to sleep and went out, i came home and tried to wake it up from sleep and it didnt respond so i decided to switch it off, anyway i switched it back on and it got the .8.8 post, which means they BIOS data is wrong or the NB is dead so i cleard the COMS and restarted and now the LED poster on the motherboard had stuffed up it was trying to post somthing but is stuck at like a J and half a line. a couple of days before this it got the same .8.8 post but i just restarted and it continued normally. does anyone know what could of cause this? or is it just a dud motherboard?

PS. it was overclocked to 3.2GHz and the NB was 1.22v or something, stock was 1.18v but this is what i got told to raise it to.

cheers!
paul

Last edited:
first thing to try is clear cmos by jumper and pulling out the battery and let it sit for hours or overnight...dfi boards can be troublesome at times..if that fails try booting with just video card and 1 stick of ram....also check your voltages for the power supply with a dvom meter....a bad stick of ram will cause you not to boot also...if all these things fail to fix it get ahold of dfi by phone and arrange for an rma...they arent to bad to deal with...also you may post this on the dfi global forums as rgone will answer you back pretty quick.....

i fixed it myself last night, tuned out the northbridge was mounted really dodgy so i reapplied it with arctivsilver 5 thermalpaste and the battery on the motherboard was dead aswell i think, anyway thanks for the help.

Back