• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte x58a-UD3r Users with no post, take a look inside

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seanie's Show

Had this board for a while now without any problems at all, been a great clocker, but today, all you users who couldnt get this board to post or work out of the box, I have to say I felt your pain.

I got my 2 new graphics cards today, pulled my old ones out, and replaced with my new ones, switched on and got nothing, yes their was power to the board but the only thing happening was the fans were spinning, all of them at 100% including the GFX card fans, tried to put my old GFX cards in and exactly the same thing was happening, no post, just full power fan spins, and a very strange never before heard set of bios bleeps, very very rapid and continous bleeping until the board tried to repost itself, I instantly thought of you guys here and thought this is exactly what was happening to you.

So i stripped my machine right down, using only 1 of my old GFX cards, 1 stick of ram, disconnected all my fans and anything plugged into the PSU that I didnt need at the time, the only things plugged into the board was my CPU with cooling, 1 stick of ram, SSD and DVD drive, but still no post.

So i chose to remove all of the SATA cables from the board and move the ram stick around a bit, i cleared the cmos and removed the battery, I noticed the mem slots and PCI-e slots wee getting a bit dusty so I gave those a clean down with a paint brush, in the end I finally got it to post, at this point their was my CPU, GFX card and 1 stick of ram in the board, I entered the bios and upped the VTT voltage, NB voltage and raised the PCI-e voltage by 1 notch to 1.54v, manually set my RAM timings and set the RAM voltage, did all this as I thought maybe the new GFX cards were putting to much strain on the board.

I switched off a swapped the GFX card for one of my new ones, again it posted, so i switched off again and added the 2nd new GFX card, post again, I had to go through the whole system putting it back together like this to get it to work again, everything is up and running fine again now.

Last edited:
its weird that it would not post when you returned to your original setup. i hope that you dont have any more problems with it because gigabyte motherboards do not have a warranty.

its weird that it would not post when you returned to your original setup. i hope that you dont have any more problems with it because gigabyte motherboards do not have a warranty.

LOL im aware of your issues mate, thats kinda why I started this thread, but the difference between me and you is I will take mine to Gigabyte down the road in milton keynes and hand the board over to them. :soda:

LOL im aware of your issues mate, thats kinda why I started this thread, but the difference between me and you is I will take mine to Gigabyte down the road in milton keynes and hand the board over to them. :soda:

i envy you

So it was dust in the pci-e slot or removing the cmos battery?
Must have been dust, I'm sure the clearing of the cmos and removal of the cmos battery has been done before.

I think in th end it was dust too, just bad contacts with cards and ram.

i doubt that because it failed to post after you reinstalled your original gpu. dust should not have gotten into the first pci-e slot when a card was installed, unless you were working in a dusty environment.

i think these motherboards are a few bucks cheaper than the competition because they are made with less expensive/lower quality components. the squealing noise coming from the cpu socket chokes is an indication of this. i am willing to bet your problem and others' is caused by faulty voltage regulation. if you have any more issues with this motherboard be sure to post them.

Back