• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant decide between these 2 mobos!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tsnowflake

I need some help coming to a decision for my upcoming htpc build.

The two contenders for my money are
GIGABYTE GA-H57M-USB3 and ASUS P7H55D-M EVO

From what I gathered, they are very similar in features and priced the same. Is there any reason to pick one over the other? The i3-540 is the CPU in the build if that matters.

While I am no longer fond of Asus and the fact that you are using a i3 cpu with on board GPU, I am going to recommend the Gigabyte so that you can take advantage of it. You have to have a H board and not a P board to use the i3's GPU.

And since it is to be a HTPC, it would be a waste to not use the GPU.

the gigabyte is an h57 and the asus is an h55 i believe, so i think they both use the i3 gpu no? also i should mention that i'll be using a 5570 as a gpu since some mild gaming is to be done on this rig aswell.

My bad, I saw P55 and not H55 with the Asus. As far as i3 gpu, if your in fact using a Video card, then the P55/H55 discussion is moot.

I personally have recently had some very bad experience from Asus Support, and the word on the web is that Asus' customer service is horrible. But too each their own.

Personally I would say go Gigabyte, but then their current RMA rate is not stellar either. If you had a choice, look into EVGA. Their support, warranties and customer care are lightyears beyond the other two.

Back