• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

no post after power supply replacement

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

markp1989

on fri my power supply broke, so i brought a new one.
here is my thread in the psu section http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=646661

i ended up buying a corsair TX650.

i connected it all up, and now my system doesnt post any more.

specs are the desktop in my sig:
i have tried removing the bios battery.
i have treid replacing the ram with spare known working .

i noticed somthing odd is that the power led and hdd led on the front of the pc dont light up any more.

the light next to the ram is on.

when i turn it on,fans power up, both gpus are warm to the touch but no beep, after i replaced the ram, the fans ramped up like they do when its about to post, but it didnt.

im gona try removing the gpus 1 at a time, but i have to dissconect the water cooling to do that, so i wana see if any one else has any ideas?

i wasnt in when the psu died, i was out, left pc on, came home and it was off, tested the psu on the psu tester, and it wasnt working any more.

thanks for reading, mark

Make sure you've connected both of the power cables to the motherboard, thats including the 4 pin CPU connector.
Some PS have a power switch, make sure that's turned on as well.

wow, i feel like a ******.

i forgot to plug the speaker that goes "beep" in to the motherboard.

and forgot to turn on the monitor.

because of there being no "beep" i asumed the post had faild, and didnt even bother looking at the screen lol

Back