• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 and i3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is the GA-P55-USB3 i3 compatible with the Core i3?

Gigabyte's site doesn't list the i3 with this board, but their web page may be out of date.

At NewEgg, when I click on search on boards that take i3, i5, and i7, this board comes up.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128425

My guess is yes, but I would like to hear it from one more source!

Thanks,,,

according to gigabyte tech support, all hardware is incompatible with gigabyte motherboards.

Just a member who doesn't like Gigabyte motherboards very much...so I found that funny.

[/threadjacking]

I'm trying one out on my friend. If it does OK, I'll get one for myself. That's the way to do it.

I am using a computer with a Core i3-530 in a Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 rev. 1.0 now to type this message

The Core i3 processors are supported by Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 motherboards. The main description page does not specify Core i3 while specifying Core i7 and Core i5, but the Core i3 support is specified on the relevant CPU support list on the Gigabyte website:

The GA-P55-USB3 rev. 1.0 CPU support list is more accurate than the GA-P55-USB3 rev. 2.0 CPU support list; the GA-P55-USB3 rev. 2.0 CPU support list excludes BIOS released prior to the release of GA-P55-USB3 rev. 2.0 (which in hardware, seem to only differ in a USB controller allowing charging while in a power state).

I am running that board and a core i3 530 running at 4.2Ghz on air no problems and did not have to flash the bio.

Back