• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-P43-ES3G and PCI Clock Synchronization

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kuglen

Hey all! I've recently started overclocking my cpu but I'm afraid to go on, as I cannot find the "PCI Clock Synchronization" option and am thus afraid of damaging my cards. I've updated my BIOS, but still cannot locate it. Anyone able to help me out?
I have a Q9550 if that is of any importance.

Thanks in advance.

Im not sure what that is and why is it needed to overclock...sorry. Is that the same as the PCIe bus (100Mhz) that you want to lock?

Oh wow...heh... dont worry about that. Most newer boards, like you have now, already have those locked. :)

That advice is from back in the day when boards actually had that option. :)

Ah okay, thanks a lot! Now I can proceed with good conscience xD

Like ED mentioned, the option in your BIOS is called PCI Express Frequency (Mhz). It's located on the MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.) screen, and when set to Auto adjusts the PCIe clock frequency to the standard 100MHz. The BIOS also gives you the option of manually changing the frequency, w/ the adjustable range from 90 - 150MHz.

Back