• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P6T deluxe V2 mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soldierguy

Hey all

I just installed a new mobo asus p6t deluxe V2/i7 930 cpu and I haven't yet used their supplied driver/plus install disc or even gone on line to their site for the automated install drivers/suite or whatever all they're planning to install.

And I've been wanting to get others feedback before i did this, because when I bought this board I noticed at Newegg that purchasers in reviews were saying not to use the supplied install disc, but rather get it running and then go on line etc for download of installation data.

Has anyone had experience along this line. With my last mobo a asus formula rampage unit once I moved to win7 from Vista the win7 opsys would no longer use the asus suite of stuff. And when I tried to use the asus driver the opsys would just dismiss me with--"we've already selected the best driver for you etc" Kinda funny lol.

Anyway so I was wondering if you had any advice. Should i download and install the asus suite of tools etc and the latest drivers or just not?

Tom

The driver disk that's included w/ a MB normally contains outdated drivers, as compared to the ones available directly from the manufacturer. For example the P6T-D uses the ICH10R SB which Win7 natively supports, but newer RAID controller drivers are available directly from Intel in the form of Rapid Storage Technology (RST), the newest version being 9.​6.​0.​1014. The same applies to the chipset drivers which are also natively supported by Win7, but an updated INF Update Utility is available from Intel in the form of the 9.​1.​1.​1025 driverset. Newer LAN drivers are available from Marvell in the form of the v11.25.3.3 driverset, etc.

Back