• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TankGuys Changes!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TankGuys

Tankguys head hitman
(This is a cross post from another forum, but I thought you guys here would be interested as well!)

Just letting you all know of a few tweaks/changes of late. We've upgraded the cart software on our site, which has brought with it a few new features and a few important changes:

-We now offer Google Checkout and PayPal as payment options, exclusively. You can still obviously pay with a credit card via these methods, but we don't process cards directly.

-AMD processors will finally start showing up! 2 are listed now, more to come.

-Unfortunately, the software change did not play nice and allow us to do a direct in-place upgrade. This means not all database entries were ported nicely. I'm working on fixing that, but for now, customer accounts are there (though you may need to reset your password) but order history is not. I have those records still on the old server so if you need info, let me know and I can provide it to you directly.

-Along with the point above, product listings are *significantly* reduced for the moment. I'm adding more constantly, but for now pickings are kind of slim... but really, they focus on the items you all mostly buy anyway :)

-Pre orders will now be fee free!

-As many of you know, this store generates little to no real profit for us, and is mainly run as a labor of love. In the past, we've done a "Pick the profit" promotion on a per product basis. This has been removed in favor of a soon-to-be-added "store support" product line, where you can pad your order with a bit of extra profit for us if you're feeling generous. Of if you've just won the lottery. Or if you just want to tick off your wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend/mom/dad. Not that we condone that. Well, maybe.

-I'll be adding overclocking guides/information to the site over the next few weeks. There is already a glossary of sorts up, feel free to check it out!

-We now have a facebook page! www.facebook.com/tankguys ... add us as a friend!!

Those are the biggies so far... will add more if I think of them!

Last edited:
I feel bad that I haven't upgraded in a long time!

I did notice recently I tried to go to your .biz site only to freak out like a chicken without a head. Then I found out you moved to a .com :p

I feel bad that I haven't upgraded in a long time!

I did notice recently I tried to go to your .biz site only to freak out like a chicken without a head. Then I found out you moved to a .com :p

hahah yea. I really should re-up the .biz site just for cases like this. Only reason I even had a .biz in the first place was some major headaches with an SSL cert years ago :D

Back