• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Terrible Experience with FrozenCPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kayson

[RESOLVED] Terrible Experience with FrozenCPU

I've used FrozenCPU before and know they're a reputable store, but my last experience was inexcusable. I placed an order for a Lian-Li PC-A77FA on June 15 (said in stock). Their website says same day shipping until 6pm EST - I ordered it later at night, so I expected it to ship the next day. The next morning I receive an email saying they'll ship it by the end of the day.

Two days later, I call them because I have no shipping notification or tracking info. They told me that they only had one left and it was broken, so they have to wait for a new shipping container to be broken down in their California distributor and they'll have one shipped from there. About a week later, I call again and they tell me that it should ship by the 22nd. No dice. Finally, on the 24th, it ships, and I received it on the 28th.

I had to wait 13 days to get my case which was quite frustrating because I had a pile of awesome hardware sitting on my floor with no place to put it. I understand that some things are out of their control (i.e. products getting smushed) but if it says in stock, they need to make sure that they can get the product out when they say they can.

Will I buy from them again? Probably. I'm not going to rage on a company because they had one issue. But I hope that this experience won't be repeated again because it was a royal pain.

Last edited:
Agree, that is frustrating. Although they could have sent you the busted up one, which would have been worse - so cheers to them for not doing that.

Did they refund part/all of your shipping charge?

I had a crummy experience ordering a case from them too. They made no mention that cases are drop shipped from California. I needed one somewhat fast, and went with ground shipping since Frozen CPU is only one day away by ground - if they weren't drop shipping from the other side of the country....

Agree, that is frustrating. Although they could have sent you the busted up one, which would have been worse - so cheers to them for not doing that.

Did they refund part/all of your shipping charge?

Nope. I'm going to ask for free shipping on my next order though.

And I imagine it would've been way worse if I didn't live in AZ since it only took two days in shipment.

I'm not going to rage on a company because they had one issue.
O RLY? :p

On a serious note, that does suck. But yes, it could have have been worse. I had a minor issue resolved with them quite amiciably, and have made many purchases prior to and after that went well. It happens.

Hey now...that's not raging! I called them and asked them to send me a screw that was missing from the case (without it a support bar was wiggling around) and they're taking care of it for me. It's not all bad!

+1 for not sending a busted up case but they could have done a bit better with shipping estimate.

I've ordered from them quite often and never had any issue so far.

I talked to Mark (President of FrozenCPU) after placing another order today and he apologized for the delays and is covering the shipping on the new order. Though I wasn't happy with the shipping issue, I definitely am quite satisfied with their customer service, and I'll continue buying from them.

Mark is a very reasonable guy and I will always do business with them from my last experience with them. I had some issues and Mark actually called me at home on a Sunday to rectify the situation, that sits pretty well with me and shows you he actually cares about his customers. Never give up on Frozen, they might be a little more expensive then the next guy but the customer service is the best in the industry by far and that's priceless!

Back