• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5Q Deluxe, Drive Xpert and Raid0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seaborn

I did a search but all the threads were a lot older than the current drivers and such available. This board has Drive Xpert and the posts showed that using the ICH10 south bridge was better than Drive Xpert.

Anyone have some recent experience running raid0 with Drive Xpert? Or should a use Intel's ICH10. Currently I am running Vista64 on a single Raptor 74Gb. With the OS and wow on it I have 1 Gb left. I was using a WD 320 Blue with two partitions and recently installed a 1Tb drive for the upcoming change.

I bought Win7 Pro and another WD 320 blue. The plan is to remove the Raptor the way it is so I can go back to it if need be.

Plan is to set up a Raid0 with the 2x320Gb Blues. Then keep the 1Tb drive for storage.
I wanted to go SSD but with the current machine I have, I am going to keep it cheap.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Seaborn

What would you think the difference margin would be? The reason I ask is the the drive xpert seems easy to set up, the other i am looking now. Thank you for the input and info. It def. made me think before starting the remake.

Back