• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 930 GA-X58A-UD3R 3.8 GHz overclock need help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zacloud

Registered
Hi I am new to this forum and system building. I've recently considered building a new gaming PC.
System:
CPU: i7 930
MOBO: X58A-UD3R
RAM: Kingston HyperX 1600MHz CL9
GPU: not sure around 5770-5870
PSU: thinking a modular 650w if enough for my build
so i was thinking if i could up the i7 930 to 3.8GHz and be stable for maybe 10 hours use daily not a 24/7 system. please advice me on overclocking my system and i want to run all 4 cores thanks.

there are many that run at 4.0 24/7 sounds like you have a nice box going together. The 650 watt psu should power any of the cards you have specified, but I would prolly spend the little bit more and get at least 750watts

do you think that i might have problems with rev 1.0? if not i'm going to buy rev 2.0.

if you are speaking of the mobo, you definitely want the x58a and not the regular x58. if you are speaking of the chip rev. there is only one for the 930, but either way most c0 chips would make 4g also.

dont leave the voltages on auto, find out what you need for the cpu and qpi vtt and then set the rest to the default value and not auto or default. if you get a good chip you should be around 1.35-1.4 for the cpu and guess from 1.2-1.35 for qpi. 4.0 should be pretty easy for you, but know that some chips just wont do it. those chips are rare that wont do 4 but they are out thre. I have the same board and a 920 that has been to 4933 on air

nah don't want such massive overclocks 3.8 is enough using for mainly just simple gaming not video rendering and other strenuous programs

Back