• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT - IS7-G crunch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

12in Below

first off ya ya, old board.
but anyway i have this [ABIT - IS7-G - bios v24] been running fine past 2yrs on a prescott 3.2ghz 800fsb, 4x1gb pc3200 geil ram. sata - 3xwd green 2tb 1xwd green 1tb, pata - 2xwd black 500gb and 1xwd 80gb blue. vid is AGP ati gigabyte hd4650. 700w nzxt psu. finally upgraded processor to SL7CH p4 3.4ghz Extreme Edition and now if i have all 4 sticks of ram in the system loops at the post and won't even let me in the bios screen. i take 2 sticks out and its all back to normal??? i've tried 3 different types of random sizes, speeds and brands i have laying around to the same problem. anyone ever run into this or have insight? man if its not one thing its another, :bang head arg! thx for any help

and p.s. i don't have (and can't afford right now) any pc3200 2gb sticks so did not get to attempt that.

update: i removed the gigabyte AGP hd4650 1gb vid card and replaced it with a nvidia pci 9800gt (that eats a ton of your main memory on mobo and calls it "shared") what i was trying to avoid. and it seems to be stable so far. bu now instead of my system reading 3.5gb ram it reads 2.00 and the 9400gt 1g is reading total 1791, dedicated 1024, shared 767 so i would still like any input on being able to keep that AGP 1gb card (that leaves the system at 3.50gb and the vid at 1024 and shared like 1024) in there instead so any help appreciated.

Last edited:
:welcome:

what OS you using? XP has memory addressing limits. i think it might be 3.5GB.
there should be a setting in bios to choose how much memory is available to your graphics card.

oldie but a goodie. i had to replace my IS7 when i slipped with a volt meter:bang head

thx for the response. its OEM win7 only 32bit so about the same limit. but no matter what brands, what cobo's, what size it only comes up 2.0gb usable. if i get the AGP ATI in there it will hit the 3.5-3.6gb limit in windows but not with that PCI nvidia. doh! for u and me i guess swapping all that ram has done somthin, now the board is messed up. i replaced the bios with a new one incase it was it, it all lights up, all fans come on, everything but floppy will power up but the screen stays black. any ideas? bad thing its my media file server and has OEM windows on it. so unless i can find an exact replacement (IS7-G) it that means i will have to buy a new copy of windows. so pm me anyone wants to get rid of one ;)

what memory you using right now? have you tried clearing the CMOS?
[edit] when you swap to the PCI card... while running the AGP in the Softmenu under "Advanced Chipset Features" change the "Init Display First" to PCI. [/edit]

Last edited:
main memory i was using just fine, was geil prc3200, 1gb each. but ran through about 15 differn't kinds, dual and single. have cleared the cmos/bios in every way possible, jumper, battery, main cable and all that. 5 diff vid cards agp and pci. what i have run down too is i pulled out the cpu's beige seated thing on the mobo, and the black seat under it has bent connectors down on like 3 of them. dunno how that happened. but if i remove the cpu, all my beep errors start back up. the peep pattern isn't on the list here so dunno. but i bet its those bent pins. any clue if that piece can be replace on the board or is it "micro" soldered on the board by a machine and not sumthin an average guy can replace? since i get no beep errors with the cpu removed, and start back up between 4 diff processors, its gotta be that. i'm hoping that can be either replaced by me with my spare parts, or its something a shop can do for me. if not, and someone has a (a few preferably so i don't go thru this again) working IS7-g they wanna part with i will not insult you with my offer i also have an ic7-max3 if you would wanna work a deal on a trade ([email protected]) or just pm me :) or and advice on what i'm going thru. it as all appreciated more than i can put in words so thx. also thx clutch head for bouncing ideas with me. it is being very helpful! oh too, i have done that with changing the agp/pci default on it, and not matter if i tell it pci only and even take the agp out. i get ab****ly no video on the pci one like its not even there :)

Last edited:
just an update for anyone else... kinda realized the SL7CH (3.4EE) dosn't show any type of support for the IS7 series or IC7 for that matter only up to the SL7AA (3.2EE). So it was intermittent getting it up and running and ended up having to go with a lower CPU. I'm 100% positive that was what was causing issues and in totality killed 2 boards. Either way thx "Clutch_Head" for helping. and still interested to anyone at anytime about an IS7-G. just hit me up.

Back