• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P6X58D-E - Ram Compatibility Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shumon

[Asus P6X58D-E] - Ram Compatibility Question

Hello Readers,

My question is regarding what type of ram i can "really" use on my Asus P6X58D-E. My current user manual reads (6 x Dimm, max 24GB, DDR3 2000(O.C.)/1333/1066 MHz, non-ECC, un-buffered memory.

I currently have CMP4GX3M2A1600C9 which i presume runs at 1600mhz and am looking to purchase CMT6GX3M3A2000C8 - 6GB(3x2GB) Corsair DominatorGT, DDR3 PC3-16000(2000), CAS 8-9-8-24, DHX, XMP, DF II, Connector,1.65V (including fan) will the CMT6GX3M3A2000C8 work with my system? It does not come under the compatibilty list on the user manual.

any advice, knowledge, guidence will be very much appreciated

Many Thanks in advance

Shumon d

Last edited:
Hi,

Quick question. I may have ordered the wrong RAM for this MB/CPU combo. I'm building another system and ordered a i7-950 CPU, P6X58D-E and Patriot PV7362000ELK (3x2GB) 9-11-9-27 1.65v RAM.

Am I going to have problems using this RAM? It's not on the ASUS official RAM list but using Patriot's memory configurator, they say it's compatible. I know the MB should handle it but I'm not sure of the CPU. I never thought about looking at the memory specs before. I see that it is 800/1066 on intel's web site. I'm probably not going to do any OCing, but if I do it will only be slight and under 4Ghz.

Thanks.

Mike

My new build:

ASUS P6X58D-E
i7 950
Patriot 6GB RAM
Corsair H50-1 cooling
ASUS HD6870
Seagate 1TB HDD
Lightscribe DVD Burner
Coolermaster HAF 922
Corsair CMPSU 750HX PSU
Win7 x64 Home Premium

When I asked asus support then answer was that they won't provide any help with overclocking and 2000+ ram is overclocking for them so they won't guarantee that 2000 kits will work ... simply highest ram speed is 1600 and above is matter of luck.
I was able to set 3x 2000+ kits on this board quite stable but there are problems like auto settings aren't working or spd read is wrong and some voltages have to be kinda high ( at least above intel's safe limit ) to make anything stable.
XMP still isn't working. With new bios can at least post but can't even boot into windows.
12GB kits won't work above 1600 at all. I mean bios will show 8GB or something near no matter what settings ( and that I tested last days).

I don't know for what you need 2000+ ram but unless you are overclocking then better stick to 1600 on this board.
CMT6GX3M3A2000C8 will probably work on this board without problems but possible that you will have to set some timings manually and QPI/VTT 1.55V+.

@ATCSMike I already answered in other thread

When I asked asus support then answer was that they won't provide any help with overclocking and 2000+ ram is overclocking for them so they won't guarantee that 2000 kits will work ... simply highest ram speed is 1600 and above is matter of luck.
I was able to set 3x 2000+ kits on this board quite stable but there are problems like auto settings aren't working or spd read is wrong and some voltages have to be kinda high ( at least above intel's safe limit ) to make anything stable.
XMP still isn't working. With new bios can at least post but can't even boot into windows.
12GB kits won't work above 1600 at all. I mean bios will show 8GB or something near no matter what settings ( and that I tested last days).

I don't know for what you need 2000+ ram but unless you are overclocking then better stick to 1600 on this board.
CMT6GX3M3A2000C8 will probably work on this board without problems but possible that you will have to set some timings manually and QPI/VTT 1.55V+.

@ATCSMike I already answered in other thread

Thanks for the info. I couldn't get any answer from ASUS or their forums. :shrug: I thought I had ordered the wrong type :bang head but I wanted some opinions about them to make sure before I sent them back for a refund. Amazon will take them back and I ordered some Corsair CMP6GX3M3A1600C8 instead. :clap: They are on the ASUS compatible RAM list under on older version/part number. I verified they where the same before ordering. I have Corsair RAM in my current desktop and I haven't had any problems. I wanted to try a different brand for comparison, but I guess that will have to wait until the next build years down the road.

Mike :salute:

Back