• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED P6T Deluxe V2 - Won't install OS on OCZ Core V2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WonderingSoul

Team 32 Folding Member
I recently build my first i7 rig and it's a doozy (see sig).

I am trying to install Win7 x64 on my OCZ Core 2, but it will not recognize the drive when trying to select one to install to. I thought it might be an issue with the formatting so I formatted it again as NTFS (via the USB dongle on the back of the drive) but again, it still will not recognize the drive.

I have the BIOS AHCI set to Enhanced - IDE to make sure the OS will install. Just not sure if I need to do something simple or something more complex here to get the OS to install on my SSD. I have tried all of the available options under the AHCI settings and none of them worked, so I stuck with Enhanced - IDE since it worked when I installed on another drive.

I was able to successfully get the OS to install on a regular Seagate drive, but for some reason Windows or my motherboard will not recognize the SSD.

Any suggestions?

Solved. Had to use totally unpartitioned raw space.

Last edited:
Back