• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which should i choose????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dougie2k5

GIGABYTE P43 S775 DDR2-1200 ATX DES GbE UD3

or

ASRock P43DE Socket 775 ATX Motherboard

I am unsure but any and all help would be appreciated....

They are pretty much identical, but one is $80 and the other is $68 so if price is a factor go with the cheaper Asrock. Personally, I have had a lot of good expirences with gigabyte boards and am currently running one so if price isnt a factor I'd go with the Gigabyte. I know they are reliable and well built. I havent heard anything about Asrock so I can't really comment on that.

Personally neither . Compared to your current board there is not much of a reason to upgrade and performance will be very minimal to none , unless there is a specific reason for changing .

Save the $70-$80 for a possible full system upgrade .

Last edited:
Personally, I would get a P45 board or save for a platform change.

My P5N-E, like many others, needs high NB volts (1.748v) for its low FSB wall @ around 375MHz. So, a P43/P45 would be an upgrade, but saving that $ for a LGA1156/1366 platform may be a better investment.

Between those 2, I would go Gigabyte. I loved the GA-EP45-UD3P I had, and I have a GA-P55A-UD7 that's a great board.

For 775 boards, go gigabyte. ASRock is good for AM3 boards, and 1156/1366. But not 775 boards.

Just find a used P45 board here, you'll pay the same price anyway. If you can find an Asus P5Q-E or as mentioned the gigabyte EP45-UD3P for around $80 snag one up! Or if you can find a P5Q-pro, it's the slightly cheaper version on the P5Q-E but it's still good. Should be able to get that one for $70 or so.

Back