• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help Booting Computer w/ keyboard/mouse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shane01101

Registered
Im trying to configure my computer to boot by using keyboard or Mouse to turn on the computer. I think I might be able to configure in bios. My keyboard does not have a power on button but it has a sleep/hibernate Button.
The settings I have now in BIOS > Power Management are....
PME Event Wake Up......Enabled
Power On by Mouse.......Double Click
Power On by Keyboard...Password
AC Back Funtion............Soft-Off
ErP Support..................Disabled

Can I configure my computer to turn on by using Bios settings to activate keyboard/Mouse to turn on computer or do I need software or to try something else?

The Keyboard I have is an HP Wireless Elite
The Mouse I have is a Wireless Logitech MX600

Well how would I do that? With the settings I have now in the bios, they do not turn on my computer. Is it in bios or in windows os settings? I want to power on my computer with the keyboard or mouse after I shut down computer. Not when it is is sleep/hibernate mode.

Can you try your settings with wired keyboard?.. especially if yours is a BT keyboard. Also you might want to look at settings under S3 in the BIOS

Also, it might not recognize a signal coming from a USB keyboard. It might require a signal coming in from a keyboard plugged into the PS2 keyboard port. Likewise with a USB/PS2 mouse.

Back