• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to do with my MSI Board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nechen

Well after my first failed attempt in the realm of P45 overclocking I mistakingly bought an MSI P45 Platinum and shortly replaced it with the Gigabyte one in my sig after seeing how picky it was with RAM.

I finally got some RAM that it liked, specifically some Kingston HyperX DDR2-800 and now I can't figure out what the hell to do with it.

I basically have the MSI P45 Platinum and Kingston HyperX RAM just lying around and I'm curious if they'd still have any re-sell value. If not I'm wondering if I should just make another rig out of it (Figure $75-$100 for a CPU and $100 for a GPU, I have a case and PSU lying around as well)

Any votes?

Also, if anyone could recommend a good mid-range LGA775 CPU and GPU (Not really biased against Nvidia or ATI for this one) I'd appreciate it as I've only built high-end rigs over the past few years.

Don't have access - thanks for the link but that one doesn't even show up for me.

"ou do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Don't have access - thanks for the link but that one doesn't even show up for me.

"ou do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

You should be able to view classifieds, post count is enough but may be if not to do with current email addy used as needs to be ISP based one!

I would throw a CPU in the MSI Mobo and build another Rig, maybe for HTPC ? backup PC use ect

Maybe get a mid range C2D to put in it? Shouldn't be much more than $70 or so for one, and then an Nvidia GPU that can handle Cuda, and make a HTPC box outta it.

Yeah I'm thinking an E6600 for $70~

As for the video card I'm not sure ... theres not much point for an HTPC for me because my Sig Rig is hooked up to my 42'' Plasma (I play video games and use it for HTPC functions at the same time)

Maybe I'll make a mid-range gaming rig, try to get the girlfriend addicted to Team Fortress lol

Back