• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wanting to meet up with Phoenix Metro are Overclockers!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deadlysyn

Folding Team Content Editor, Who Dolk'd my stars S
Wanting to meet up with Phoenix Metro area Overclockers!

I just moved to Tempe, a little over a month ago, and want to meet up with some of the members that happen to be in the area. Anybody up for a meetup and a :beer:? I don't really know a whole lot of people in the area, and figured we all have some common interests one way or another. Post up in the thread, or send me a PM and I will see what I can do with my work schedule.:p

Last edited:
I work never, but I typically go to bed around 4-5 AM and wake up at 2. The only thing I have is I like to go to the gym between 8 and 11pm.

But yeah I'm in. You live like 10 minutes away from me, if you're close to the 101 even less.

used to live off of rural and baseline. maybe one of these days i'll make a road trip up north, my parents still live in the phoenix area anyway :)

I'm right over at McClintock and Guadalupe, so it seems I'm pretty central to almost everything. Except for maybe Anthem, Cave Creek, Avondale, Goodyear, and so on, but the only reason I ever go that direction might be because work takes me there.:p

Cave Creek is an amazing area. I lived in super North Scottsdale for a year. The scenery is insane.

301.jpg

261.jpg

271.jpg

302.jpg

Bump for more Phoenix area Overclockers.

By the way, tom, I hear you are in the process of moving somewhere near Chandler. In that case, I know of one other member in the area, I think he is at Priest and Baseline. I think work will be letting up in a week or so, maybe we can arrange a get together for a :beer:.:thup:

I don't know much folks here either and I've been here off & on for the past two years from Minneapolis. I'm out in Avondale myself.

Btw those are some fantastic photos.

I live in Chandler now actually.

I'm not too far from Chandler.:D I'm actually down that way every Monday morning at around 6:30 for paperwork, and I do work the area somewhat frequently.

I don't know much folks here either and I've been here off & on for the past two years from Minneapolis. I'm out in Avondale myself.

Btw those are some fantastic photos.

Avondale is quite a drive. I do think it would be worth the drive for a meetup though.:thup: One of these days when I get a little bit of a break, I'll shoot out a PM to you so we can arrange something.:clap:

I like this idea. I think Tempe would be a pretty central location to meet. Perhaps something on Mill Ave?

I like this idea. I think Tempe would be a pretty central location to meet. Perhaps something on Mill Ave?

Mill Ave. wouldn't be a bad idea. I'm not real sure what all is left over there, since I haven't been in that neighborhood too recently. Maybe I need to take a drive up that way to have a look around again.:thup:

I'm not too far from Chandler.:D I'm actually down that way every Monday morning at around 6:30 for paperwork, and I do work the area somewhat frequently.

Avondale is quite a drive. I do think it would be worth the drive for a meetup though.:thup: One of these days when I get a little bit of a break, I'll shoot out a PM to you so we can arrange something.:clap:

sounds good,

Im not sure whats all on Mill ive been there a handful of times for shows, but i know there are some good eateries.
Recently found place called Chompies has some really great sliders.

sounds good,

Im not sure whats all on Mill ive been there a handful of times for shows, but i know there are some good eateries.
Recently found place called Chompies has some really great sliders.

Chompies is great. There's one right around the mill ave area too. Mill has just about everything. There are a bunch of restaurants, fast food, Starbucks and a bunch of bars (though they're usually filled with a bunch of trashy college kids). Oh yeah there's ice-cream and frozen yogurt too. Very important for Phoenix summers lol

there's a dueling piano bar off on mill called the big bang that's always a load of fun. not too terribly busy on off nights but its packed on the weekends, much better than one of those dance club style bars that mill is packed with.

there's a nice irish bar/restaurnt on the north end of mill called the rula bula too. great food and a nice bar. they do a lot of live music, some traditional some not. again not too crowded on off nights but packed to the load limit on weekends. (all of mill is really that way)

Bumpity bump. Anyone still up for this?

Kind of funny that this is bumped. I was actually just thinking about it. I am also going to get ahold of WarriorII to see if he's up for it as well. It seems that he really likes meeting some of the Overclockers in the area.:thup:

Last edited:
Kind of funny that this is bumped. I was actually just thinking about it. I am also going to get ahold of WarriorII to see if he's up for it as well. It seems that he really likes meeting some of the Overclockers in the area.:thup:

Let's do it. I have a few weeks off until school starts again so I'm pretty bored haha!

I have been in contact with WarriorII, and from the sounds of it, if he knows where and when, will do what he can to be there. He even mentioned giving Ghettocomp a call to see if he can make it as well.:D

I have also been talking a bit with another member to see if he would be up for it. Haven't actually gotten a yes or no answer from him yet though. I wonder how much room we are going to need? Mill Ave. sounds like a good place to do it, but there's so many places that sound like a good spot.

Well I'm guessing we won't need a ton of room haha. But mill is probably a good generic place to go.

Back