• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any problems with X58A-UD3R i7-920?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zacloud

Registered
Hi guys, i haven't bought the mobo & cpu yet just wondering if that the board was good and that there were to problems, as I see a lot of bad reviews of that board and I'm on the fence between this board and the asus P6X58D-E as it is about the same price range. anyone? i plan to get D0 and overclock it to 4.0GHz it it stable for maybe 6 hours?

Well I have that pcu and mobo and it works great for me. The only problem I ran into was receiving my mobo with bent pins in the socket. After finally realizing what my problem was, I was able to bend it back in place. Other than that, I can't complain. I normally don't oc, but it was such a breeze to do, I had to try it out. I'm at 3.36GHz and 1600MHz ram, which is all I need. I can't speak on behalf of the Ausus mobo, but the ud3r has worked great for me so far. If you're gonna oc to 4GHz, get a really great cooling system.

i've just chosed the asus one cause at my place they don't sell rev 2.0

Back