• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MB Posting CLK speed errors!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mossey69

I just put together a new system and when it posted for the first time the clocks speeds reported were way off what I actually installed. The CPU was i7 930 and repoorted 1.8 Ghz Clock speed. The DD3 Ram is 8GB Corsair 1600Mhz Dominator Clk 8 that reported in at 1066. The MB is a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R. I have no problem(using help from these forums) overclocking to a very stable 4.25 GHZ. But if I load MB defaults the system reports the bullshit numbers. Anyone know why? Gigabyte Technical Support was useless. I reflashed the BIOS to the latest rev but nothing changed.

Really not sure what CIE speedstep is so I don't know for sure. Wouldn't loading default settings eliminate any kind of speedspepping?

Like ED mentioned, disable...

Code:
CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)
C3/C6/C7 State Support
CPU EIST Function

Manually set...

Code:
BCLK Frequency (MHz): 133
CPU Clock Ratio: 21
System Memory Multiplier: 12 = Memory Frequency (MHz) of DDR3-1600

Really not sure what CIE speedstep is so I don't know for sure. Wouldn't loading default settings eliminate any kind of speedspepping?
Quite the opposite as that stuff, at least some of it, is enabled by default. So by going to default settings, its on. ;)

Redduc, per usual, has you covered. :thup:

Back