• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem Asus P7P55D Deluxe with memmory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cheb

Hi, I have problem with Asus P7P55D Deluxe. I Have 2 chips of DDR3 2048Mb G.Skill (F3-10600CL9S-2GBNT. If both of slots are plugged - MEMTEST86+ 4.10 gives me memmory errors. I set timings and voltage according to memmory specification and update BIOS to latest version, but still MEMTEST gives me that errors during tests.
Ineresting thing, if only one chip plugged into any slot - there are no errors.

What can it be and what should I do about it??

Both sticks work alone but when they are in together memtest fails? Typically people use slots 1 & 3 for RAM have you tried 2 & 4?

So you set it to 9-9-9-24 @ 1.5V manually in the BIOS? Have you checked the MHC strap setting?

Are you overclocking? If so then you probably need to bump up the FSB and MHC voltages.

Both sticks work alone but when they are in together memtest fails? - Yes
I have tried use 2&4 - not working...
Yes, I set it to 9-9-9-24 @ 1.5V manually in the BIOS and memtest fails...
No overclocking, all BIOS configuration in default.
When I use only one chip of memmory - memtest does not fails, but in cold start I, almost every time, have BSOD 0x0000001A MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, after reboot system starts ok and there are no BSODs during work.

P.S. Sorry, for my bad english.

With the two modules installed to DIMM slots A1 and B1, bump the DRAM voltage to ~1.55V. Take IMC Voltage off Auto, and manually set it to 1.200V. Or enable the DDR3-1333 XMP Profile, which besides the timings will automatically adjust the IMC and DRAM voltages accordingly.

With the two modules installed to DIMM slots A1 and B1, bump the DRAM voltage to ~1.55V. Take IMC Voltage off Auto, and manually set it to 1.200V. Or enable the DDR3-1333 XMP Profile, which besides the timings will automatically adjust the IMC and DRAM voltages accordingly.

I did as you sad, memtest still fails((
I will try tomorrow to check my motherboard with some other slots... I hope it`s just memmory and motherboard conflict

Back