• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

almost home, just a little more advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

monstergamin

Registered
Im planning on clicking submit order by monday 7-19 and I have settled on the I7 930 and have narrowed down my mobo's to

ASRock X58 Extreme LGA 1366 Intel
GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0
or
ASUS P6T LGA 1366 Intel X58 * OPEN BOX*

I am at the point where $50 -$60 is going to make the diffrence ,and I am trying to make it up where I can. one option I considered is going with dual channel DDR 3 and later on when i have more cash buying more ram to upgrade triple channel , is there any reason why I cant upgrade from using dual channel ram by getting 2 sets of dual channel ram later down the road, and running 6 sticks of 2 gb DDR 1600 of the exact same ram?
this makes the diffrence between a $170 board or a $220 /w 3.0 usb & 6.0 SATA

I have an asus p6t, had an asus p6t deluxe, and also have a gigabity x58a-ud3 and prefer the ud3 over the others hands down. The giga board was also quite a bit cheaper than the others. they are all good boards and will do what you need, but the x58a boards have the usb3 and sata6 to boot. value is in the giga board

GA-X58A-UD3R is the board i want. was considering a P6T, but i liked the fact the Gigabyte has 2 PCI Express x1 slots vs 1 on the P6T.
3 years limited warranty on the Gigabyte. dunno bout ASUS. if you go with Gigabyte, just make sure to get a rev. 2.0.

Back