• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

udr3 newegg reviews

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

monstergamin

Registered
I have pretty much settled on
GIGABYTE GA X58A UDR3
I7 930
3x2 gb G Skill Ripjaw F3-12800CL8T-6GBRM

My only concern is the newegg customer reviews the UDR3 has 19% bad reviews from consumers , I realize alot of the neg reviews come from people who think they know what they are doing but in truth screwed up something along the way and wont take the blame for thier own ignorance.
Im studying for my A+ cert and ill be the first to admit I probably know less that what I know. But thats why im learning. you guys are more hands on right now are these concerns about this board warranted?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128423

Queue the recent (and mostly unwarranted) gigabyte haters.....

Just make sure hte memory and such is compatible and you shouldnt have an issue.

Thx for the input and the link to OC article it ROCKED!
going thru the reviews I see alot of the problems are people not reading the manual and putting the ram in the wrong slots. and there were 2 reviews I found humorous when they complained how thier computer burst into flames after they installed the board. That pretty much speaks for it's self. there is alot of value UDR3 and it is rated very well by OCC and Tom's and I trust them alot more than the newegg reviews
thx for the help

my ud3 took my 920 chip to 5250 and not many boards will do that

The issue with reviews is people are more likely to post a review if they have a bad experience than a good one. So you might find 50% of people with a bad board post a review but only 10% of people with a good board.

Back