• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

possible motherboard swap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

compwizpro

Registered
I have a possible motherboard swap question.

I have two rigs. One which is in my signature and another which I will explain. I recently bought a gigabyte G41M-ES2L: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4936679&CatId=1572 and an intel core 2 duo e8200 for a media center. Since I won't be needing my media center anymore, I want to swap the two boards and put the gigabyte board in my current rig since two sata ports on my evga board broke and the gigabyte overall is more quieter.

My question is, would I suffer any major performance issues by switching the board in my current rig. I most likely wont be doing any overclocking anymore and just want to make my current build more efficient and quieter.

I checked and I looks like each board and cpu would be compatible with eachother and the ram is the same with both systems.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

I don't think you'll suffer anything major. Maybe some synthetic benchmarks (if you care to run them) will show few % difference, but nothing that you'll notice in "normal" use.

Back