• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TH55B HD wont post if PCI-E card have VGA out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DBZ

Intel i3 530
TH55B HD
4 gig of DDR 3

This machine was built using Fry's combo deal and everything ran great, it paired real well with the BFG GTS 250, however I recently bought an Asus 5770 and it all went down hill.

I took out the GTS 250 and installed 5770, motherboard display VGA code error and nothing post on the screen. Removing 5770 and connecting to the motherboard VGA port = post and no error. I have a spared 4350 lying around which have dvi, hdmi and vga port. Same result as the 5770, vga error code and no post.

I've gone over the stupid manual multiple time and I couldn't find anywhere that would disable the onboard video. If i connect the GTS 250 and got into bios, there is no option to muck around with the vga port. I'm at a lost, please help.

Ok found something under northbridge configuration, time to play with all the settings. This is such a PITA

that board has only one if I am thinking of the correct one. There is an option for enable onboard if no pci card in the bios. not sure where it was though

Ok settings are as followed

Onboard VGA: Disable w/ PEG VGA
Initiate Graphic Adapter:
IGD
PCI/IGD
PCI/PEG
PEG/IG
PEG/PCI (Default)

I tried both of the other PEG and still no luck

Other features under NB setting
Memory Remap: Enabled
FAST MRC: Disabled
PEG Port: Auto
PEG Force Gen1: Disable

Yeah board only have 1 pci-e.

Maybe this is an issue with latest bios but leery on flashing it to earlier version right now.

Flashed to earlier bios, still same issue. Pop in GTS 250 and boom, display came up right away. About to give up and just stick the 5770 into my e3200 machine...what a waste.

Found other posts with similiar issue, at this point all is pointing to Biostar motherboard as the issue. I already submit a ticket with biostar but I'm not holding my breath. I'll just post a review on newegg and amazon, maybe that will bring some attention and have them resolve this issue ASAP.

Borrowed a Friend's XFX 5770 with dual dvi and hdmi, 4650 dvi, hdmi and vga. All throwing same error.

Since I have 2 GTS 250 from TD last time, I decided to stick the other one in and it booted up fine. So 2 GTS 250 tested and worked, all ATI cards = error. I guess my Motherboard just does not like ATI cards.

Biostar support offered RMA so they can check it out, however that would mean I'm out about ~10 on shipping and waiting 3-4 weeks. SC2 is coming out so I'm not gonna be without a comp, guessed I'll just have to live with using only NVDIA card on this board.

Back