• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BFG and RMA'd video cards you need Proof of Purchase...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joedymueller

I just tried to RMA my video card for the 4th time with BFG.

They require the original Proof of Purchase(POP) now no matter what. their systems will not allow the reps to do anything with out it...

needless to say that sucks cause I do not have it.

I don't understand the point of needing the original POP on a 4th RMA card.. I'm annoyed to say the least.

So make sure you have it if you need to RMA!

I know there is a BFG rep here, hopefully he will chime in.

I know there is a BFG rep here, hopefully he will chime in.

Who the hell needs customer service when you're out of business? I bet we'll never ever hear from the guy. I bet he doesn't even work there anymore. They don't make power supplies or video cards, and haven't made a motherboard in ages. What have they got to make still? Oh wait, I take that back. They still make their power supplies... but I think they're stiffening up on the warranties to reduce their loss to the already non profitable market they pulled out of.

Last edited:
I own one BFG video card and one BFG PSU, Honestly at this point I pretty much figure if either of them die I will end up eating the loss. I registered both with them and have an account on their website that shows they are registered and under warranty. I doubt I could find the orginal receipts for either of them. It's really too bad, BFG at one time was one of the better company's around as far as taking care of their customers.

I'll never buy another PNY card because of this. I bought one for cash at Best Buy a while ago, and it died a few months later. They wouldn't RMA without receipt, which I had of course lost. They said there was no way to know if the warranty was expired. Explaining to them that the model of card I purchased had been released only a few months ago didn't help.

I'm an EVGAer for life now.

Back