• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me rebuild my PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ryanjb.com

Hi people,

Ok in Feb of 2008 I spent a few G's and custom built a killer pc. It was a:

XFX 780I
4 gig Gskill 44412 (can't rem last digit, i know is was 444 though)
2 150 gig seagate in Raid 0
1 2TB seagate storage
Q6600 Stable oc to 3.2
coolermaster real power pro 1250

liquid cooled everything with koolance gold blocks...
Everything, cpu, 3 gpus, north bridge and south bridge ram.

Hell I even got a peltier, but got tooo lazy to through it in and never installed it.

Out of 2 and a 1/2 years, 1 full year of dead mother boards. I have had about 4 RMA boards from XFX. Then, I got denied as my factory warranty killed over. I got a refurb 780i from tigerdirect and 3 dead boards later, I give up.

I have only had a killer PC for 1 and 1/2 year out of a 2 and 1/2 years 3.5 grand investment. That suckS! XFX makes shitty reliability and their customer service is terrible.

MOVING ON.

I want to build a new killer PC!

What board can I buy now that supports a full 3 way sli at x16?

I am willing to buy a new processor, motherboard and RAM.

A year and a half from now, I want to spend money up upgrading video cards, not rebuilding a system because the board dies.
RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE PLEASE PLAESE?

If you think I should go AMD, Tell me why? I have an AMD pc, but for a Beast, I love intel.

If you want 3 way SLI at 16x you should go for x58, because P55 supports 8x no more, I don´t know if AMD support 3 way SLI/CF, If yes, would be the FX series

I also support the idea of going with an 1366 setup. A 1156 setup without NF200 chips wont have the bus lanes to support triple SLI. There are multiple boards in the 1366 format with support for what you are looking for.

Back