• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noob question about motherboard installation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flea420

I bought a Thermaltake Armor A90 case and it's a bit different from what I have seen in the past.

Half of the points on the case that are threaded for those little screw/stud things are raised while the other half are not, requiering you to use those stud thingys. If I install it that way, then the motherboard is physically making contact with the case, but I see no other way to install it.

Are those studs just to give the case breathing room and the contact dosnt really matter?

You can see the raised spots in the pic, but they dont exist near the video card area.

Thermaltake_Armor_A90_04.jpg

Oh and I posted this here since I'm installing a UD3R board for my I7

I prefer that the motherboard is lifted from the case, and don´t get contact with the case per se....you should lookin for another screws in your bags that comes with the case....

Are they like upside-down cones?
If so, they are built on stand offs.
Just as long as the insulation(or grounding points or whatever) around the mounting hole on the motherboard is the only thing making contact, you should be good to go.
Put the brass stand offs in the corresponding holes. The threaded holes that match up to the motherboard mounting holes only..

Last edited:
Exactly, and thanks for the help. Got it all up and running, pushing 3.990ghz at 1.2v currently :D

Back