• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sumsung RMA Service - Awesome!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johan851

Insatiably Malcontent, Senior Member
I had an 1.5TB EcoGreen F2 that I bought refurbished from Newegg go bad on me. It started dropping out of RAID, which is common for "green" type drives, but it also was failing to start up occasionally.

I filed an RMA with Samsung, shipped it off, and (when it finally got there, after USPS sent it back and forth across the country for two weeks) got a prompt return via USPS 2 Day Air. They sent me back a 2.0TB EcoGreen F3, no questions asked, with three years of warranty on it.

I had an 1.5TB EcoGreen F2 that I bought refurbished from Newegg go bad on me. It started dropping out of RAID, which is common for "green" type drives, but it also was failing to start up occasionally.

I filed an RMA with Samsung, shipped it off, and (when it finally got there, after USPS sent it back and forth across the country for two weeks) got a prompt return via USPS 2 Day Air. They sent me back a 2.0TB EcoGreen F3, no questions asked, with three years of warranty on it.

That's sweet!

I've had great experience with Seagate and Western Digital as well. I had a Maxtor 320 7200.10 go bad on me once, and Seagate shipped me a Seagate 750 7200.10.

WD was extremely slow with a 250GB Blue I sent them once... so I complained, and they overnighted me a 250GB Blue and a few days later another 250GB Blue showed up that I guess they had already shipped out standard. They took almost a full month, but I couldn't complain anymore. :)

I think they send larger drives when they don't have the normal size ready... so that they have prompt service. Either that, or they are still trying to figure out a permanent solution for their 1.5TB drives and they don't want to send it back to you in case you're sending the same drive back to them in the future... if that's the case, it's cheaper for them to upgrade you than having to ship back and forth numerous times and spend time/$$ on a technician.

Ha. It's like a free hard drive update service. I'm secretly hoping my other F2 will die so I can send it in as well... :D

Ha. It's like a free hard drive update service. I'm secretly hoping my other F2 will die so I can send it in as well... :D

Oh wait this was in a RAID... so you gonna put the larger drive and waste the extra 500GB and let it rebuild in the array?

Hmmm.... i think i might needa kill my WD Green :) jk

I have heard amazing stories about HDD manufacturers lately... maybe they're getting scared of SSDs? Nah...

I can't complain though. WD drives never fail on me, and when they have, WD has replaced them with no problems. I think my brother sent in a Samsung about two weeks ago, and got it back Wednesday!

Oh wait this was in a RAID... so you gonna put the larger drive and waste the extra 500GB and let it rebuild in the array?
No, I'm just going to leave them out of RAID and sync them until I need more than 1.5TB, which I don't see happening soon. I'm really sick of ICH-based RAID and all the headaches it gives me.

Yeah, Samsung support is pretty good. Have a Samsung LCD TV that needed to be repaired twice, called support and both times within five minutes they agreed to contact a local TV repair place on my behalf and cover it under the warranty.

Samsung OWNS!!!

I had a 22" monitor go bad after about a year and a half... called into cust. sup. they asked me a few basic questions monitor type, purchase date , if i had the reciept (NOPE) and what the issue was. First person i spoke to stated it was out of warrenty and i hadnt filled out the registration card but she would talk to someone and get back to me.... (ON HOLD)..... 5 min later someone else comes on asks me to mail it in they would fix it and mail it back no problem i was WOW ill always buy there products!!! I ONLY PAID 1 WAY SHIPPING 15$ or somthing it was great experiance. wish i could say the same for DELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back