• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

you Pick

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

predator500

I just got a I7-930 and was wanting to know what you guys thought would be a good overclocking board for this CPU i was looking at EVGA or GIGABYTE give your thought

if your just doing 4ghz or less any of the 200-250 dollar boards do fine..they all perform about the same..with these systems [x58] your o/clock depends more on the cpu...
ive had 3 different mobo all in the 180-250 price range and all were so close in performance.virtually all dead even..I went and stuck with my dfi T3eH6 and its a great board imo...runs so cool,much better than the evga sli le and the foxconn flaming blade..

I was a big EVGA fan but I was recommend the board from Gigabyte http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128423 from this forum ( these guys rock) and this board really has alot more to offer than the evga x58 platform plus you get the 3.0/6.0 usb/sata upgrades.
the evga only has stock memory up to DDR3 1600. Tomshardware has a kickbutt review on this board it comapred it to EVGA, and 3-4 other boards , and I cant find the link to save my life. I was all set to buy it i till the wife found the xtra $300 I had tucked away for the computer upgrade fund , so I went with a AMD platform (which is pretty sweet too ) but go for it live my dream

Back